WHAT TO BRING
At race registration, all riders will receive a Fundsmith Colin Mayer Tour race bag and this will contain all the additional information you will need as well as the rider numbers and bracelets needed by riders and their supporters. Because the race village is based at two locations, riders will be informed as to dates and times to be at which place. If a tent option is purchased, riders must supply their own mattress, sleeping bag, pillow etc. Please leave all valuables at home, the race organisers, and their partners, accept no responsibility for any loss or stolen goods.
Ensure that your bike is in perfect working order at the start of the Fundsmith Colin Mayer Tour. It will be subjected to severe riding conditions and we recommend that you replace any old parts that may not survive the distance.
The use of tubeless tyres is highly recommended. Check your slime levels and top up slime. Various bike shops (Epic Sports / Emcar / Le Bike) will provide repairs and servicing in the race villages. We anticipate a high demand for their services, so draw on them only when absolutely necessary. Replacement parts will be sold at normal retail prices.
WHAT TO BRING FOR THE RIDE
- Your Cell Phone
Fully charged and programmed with all the emergency numbers (supplied at race registration).
- First Aid Kit
Consisting of 1 x stretch bandage, 2 x dressings, adhesive plasters, foil survival blanket and sunblock with a minimum SPF factor of 20.
- Bike Repair Tools
UST tyre repair kit, multi-tool, replacement derailleur hanger, inflation device (pump, bombs etc).
- Bike Helmet
- 2 sets of cycling shorts and tops (ensure you invest in some good quality cycling shorts)
- Gloves, sunglasses, 2 sets of cycling socks, cycling shoes
- Hydration pack with space for spares – a min capacity of 2.5litres
- Favorite energy bars
- Lube (squirt)
- Brake pads, drop out, chain, links, pins, BB,
- Slime/Stan’s, bomb and adaptor, plugs etc.,
- GPS / Heart rate monitor, bike computer (optional) + Chargers
WHAT YOU NEED AT THE RACE VILLAGE
- Cash or credit card
- Mattress, Sleeping bag, Pillow
- Casual clothing
- Slip slops
- Locks for your bag and tent
- Laundry bag
- Chamois cream
- Mosquito repellent
- Washing detergent
- Hat or cap for the unforgiving Mauritian sun
- Personal medication
- Cable ties, duct tape